Mackle Pet Foods, 40 Corrigan Hill Road, Dungannon, Co. Tyrone, BT71 6SL.
Open to Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 years and over, except employees and their families of Mackle Pet Foods, its agencies, employees of participating outlets, the event promoters or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
A purchased 6 pack of Cat Club cat food (Jelly or Gravy) and internet access is required to enter.
Limited to one entry per cat per month during the 4 month qualifying period – a maximum of 4 entries per cat for the duration of the qualifying period. Entrants can submit more than one entry each month if they have more than one cat.
There are 4 qualifying periods ending respectively: 22/7/18 at 23:59, 19/8/18 at 23:59, 16/9/18 at 23:59 & 14/10/18 at 23:59, with 4 entries being shortlisted from each qualifying period. Entries will not be carried over from one qualifying period to the next.
Entrants must complete the online entry form in full and write, in 75 words or less, what makes their cat special and why they deserve to star on pack and be crowned King or Queen of Cat Club 2019.
Entrants must also upload a photograph of their cat. Incomplete, copied or illegible entries will not be accepted.
- Only one entry per cat per monthly qualifying period.
- Entrants require a barcode from a purchased pack of Cat Club 6 Pack cat food (Jelly or Gravy) to enter. Each barcode may be entered once only.
- If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer or multiple email accounts to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated or non-automated means, all that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. Entries from third parties, agents or bulk entries, will not be accepted.
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries and entries that contain bad language or any other content deemed inappropriate by the promoter in its sole discretion. By submitting your content you warrant that your content is not obscene, racist, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening or offensive and will not breach any applicable legislation or regulations.
- By entering the competition, all entrants warrant that they own the rights to their entry and that it is original to them, does not infringe the intellectual, privacy or publicity rights of any third party, has not been entered in or won previous competitions or awards and has not been previously published. Entrants agree to assign with full guarantee to the promoter and its affiliates all rights, title and interest in the competition entries so that promoter may use entries in any media without limitation and without additional review, compensation or approval from entrants or other parties including, but not limited to, the right to adapt, modify crop and amend the entry. Each winner agrees not to assert any moral rights in their entry.
- It is a pre-condition of entry that participants agree to the use of their cats’ images, names and descriptions on the promoter’s publicity material, including website and social media and, in the case of the winning cat, on the brand’s packaging for a period of up to one year, without compensation.
Winner Selection and Notification:
A panel of judges will be appointed by the Promoter with at least one independent judge.
The judging criteria for all entries will be as follows;
- Overall originality and creativity of the entry – words and photograph.
- Entries that demonstrate the individuality of the cat and identify why the cat deserves the Cat Club crown – for example, anecdotes and a photograph that helps convey the personality of the cat and set them apart from the rest.
- Since a key part of the prize is for a photograph of the winning cat to be featured on selected packs of Cat Club cat food, the winning cat will need to embody the health and vitality expected of a Cat Club cat, and be the appropriate size/weight for their age/breed.
- We welcome entries featuring cats of any breed, or none! Entries will not be judged solely on the basis of the classic features of any specific breed, or solely on the quality of the photographs uploaded.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant, and the photographs must be of their own cat. If the judges believe that any entry has been copied from another source, or that the photograph is not of the entrant’s cat, that entry will be excluded from the competition.
- The entry – words and photographs – will become the property of Mackle Pet Foods, and they will be entitled to use the entries on their website and social media and other publicity around this competition.
- The independent judging panel will shortlist 4 entries at the end of each qualification period and, the 4 shortlisted entrants will be notified by email within 7 working days of each qualifying period, and their names, and photographs of their cats will be published on the Cat Club Facebook and Twitter pages, and may be used in other media or digital platforms to support the competition and call for more entries.
- After the final closing date on 14th October 2018 at 23.59, 4 regional winners – one from Ulster, Leinster, Connacht and Munster, will be selected by the independent judging panel from the 16 shortlisted entries. Judging will be completed by 17th October 2018 and the 4 regional winners will be notified by telephone within 2 working days of the judges’ decision.
The 4 shortlisted entrants per each of the 4 qualifying periods ending respectively: 22/7/18 at 23:59, 19/8/18 at 23:59, 16/9/18 at 23:59 and 14/10/18 at 23:59, will each receive a Cat Club goody bag.
Each regional winner will win a photoshoot of one cat including 1 x A4 print and a supply of Cat Club cat food – 10 x Cat Club Variety Chunks in Jelly 12 Pack (12x400g). The 4 regional winners will be requested to complete a Fact File for their cat , extracts from which may feature on pack alongside their cat’s photograph should they be selected as the overall winner.
Regional winners must agree to attend a professional photoshoot for their cat on a date to be agreed between Monday 29th October and Sunday 4th November 2018. The Promoter will reasonably endeavour to make the location of the photoshoot relatively convenient for each winner.
One of the 4 regional winners will be selected by the judges as the overall winner, and the photograph of their cat will be reproduced on selected 6 packs of Cat Club.
The overall winner will be the entrant who submits the most apt and original entry and satisfies the judges’ criteria. In the event of a tie, the content and originality of the completed Fact File may be used to award additional points or to break the tie.
The overall winner will be notified by 23rd November 2018 by telephone.
Entrants’ personal details will be used solely for the purposes of administering this promotion and will be destroyed afterwards. Please note that in processing winning claims, the promoter may disclose winners’ details to affiliates or third parties employed by the promoter. Any personal data will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation.
There are no cash or other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part, except owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. The promoter also reserves the right to add further prizes to the prize fund.
The Promoter reserves the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control only where circumstances make this unavoidable. Neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the website. Neither can we be held responsible for the failure to fulfil the obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although we will always endeavour to minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
Entries that do not comply with the Terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the winning entries.
Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on Northern Irish law and the law of the Republic of Ireland respectively.